28th January, Gurgaon
I stumbled upon this most beautiful verse from Srimad Bhagavatam today morning while reading Chaitanya Charitamrita and am sharing it with everyone.
Q: What is supreme process for achieving loving service unto Lord Krishna ?
A: Lord Krishna Himself gives the process to Uddhava in SB 11.19.20-24
- Firm faith in the blissful narration of My pastimes
- Constant chanting of My glories
- Unwavering attachment to ceremonial worship of Me
- Praising Me through beautiful hymns
- Great respect for My devotional service
- Offering obeisances with the entire body
- Performing first-class worship of My devotees
- Consciousness of Me in all living entities
- Offering of ordinary bodily activities in My devotional service
- Use of words to describe My qualities
- Offering the mind to Me
- Rejection of all material desires
- Giving up wealth for My devotional service
- Renouncing material sense gratification and happiness
- Performing all desirable activities such as charity, sacrifice, chanting, vows and austerities with the purpose of achieving Me
— these constitute actual religious principles, by which those human beings who have actually surrendered themselves to Me automatically develop love for Me. What other purpose or goal could remain for My devotee?
As I read it again and again I realised how Srila Prabhupada first manifested ISKCON in this material world and then most diligently and wonderfully engaged us, the most fallen souls, to follow every single instruction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead , Lord Krishna, so that we will get the supreme process of achieving loving service unto the Lotus feet of Lord Krishna.
These are not my words Lord Krishna Himself says in the previous verse, before giving this process, in SB 11.19.19
O sinless Uddhava, because you love Me, I previously explained to you the process of devotional service. Now I will again explain the supreme process for achieving loving service unto Me.
I don’t know when will I have faith in the simple, yet highest, process given by Srila Prabhupada. Srila Prabhupada gave us the top process but I have no faith, who could be more fallen than me. My shiksha Guru and Diksha Guru too tell me the same but my most wretched mind wants to give its own logic.
I pray and mentally beg at the lotus feet of every single Vaishanava to have pity on me and bless me to have firm faith in every single word of Srila Prabhupada and engage me in the service of this great transcendental movement called ISKCON, which is turning coals into diamonds.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga.