Let me share one of the best and fastest way to get clarity on complicated shastric topics as well as questions we face everyday in our lives. I have not read such superfast and repeated clarity and realisations than by listening to the daily audio podcasts by HG Chaitanya Charan Das Prabhuji. He runs www.thespiritualscientist.com which has hundreds of Q & A on a variety of topics, questions which arise in our heart and again many more that we may feel shy to ask from senior devotees for various reasons. Few questions by devotees itself are worthy of mention as they open our eyes that why didn’t I get this question in my heart reading the same verse. Lastly many of the general headings of the comments by Prabhuji itself are worthy of high praise, e.g,
- Fear not that life may end; fear that life may never begin
- SB 01.15.08 – Our calls to Krishna may not break the wall that separates us but they show him we want the wall broken.
- SB 11.07.31 – Use the intelligence to realize our need for Krishna, not to exhibit our knowledge about Krishna
- 06.28 – The purpose of discipline is not to torture ourselves, but to transcend ourselves
- 06.18 – Be not self-conscious; be conscious of the self
- 11.26 – Confront reality before reality confronts us
- 18.61 – Krishna is not doing things to us; he is doing things for us
Subscribers to his website receive a mail every morning which has on average contain 1 general topic based on scriptures and 3-4 Q & A as audio podcast. His answers are on average for 6-7 minutes long and very precise, like a precision fired bullet.
If I list the no. of times I have got clarity from his answers and my realisations after listening to his audio podcast then I will have to write a blog almost every single day. Prabhu ji is a very blessed soul and has has special mercy of his Guru and Srila Prabhupada.
I am sharing some of the recent gems by Prabhuji.
There is a long list I can write. Some answers are so good both in their clarity and realisation that I listen to those 9 minute audio up to 20 times wishing that my polluted mind can absorb every single word by Prabhuji. I am listening to the reply of top questions mentioned above since last two days.
In my opinion any devotee who is intellectually inclined should subscribe to his mailers and get enriched by his Audio podcasts.
I read Prabhuji’s profile on the his website and found that among many other things
1. He is editor of Back to Godhead magazine.
2. He is a member of ISKCON’s Shastric Adivsory Council (SAC), which offers counsel on scriptural matters to the highest administrative body of ISKCON, the Governing Body Commission (GBC).
3. He has written over 500 articles till now and is the author of eight books.
5. He is an electronics engineer and secured 2350 out of 2400 in the GRE exam, bagging the top rank in Maharashtra.
6. He is the author of the world’s only Gita-daily feature, wherein he writes daily a 300-word inspirational reflection on a verse from the Bhagavad-Gita. www.gitadaily.com
7. He is the course teacher of Bhakti Shastri course through mail, http://bhakticourses.com. All videos of the course are available free for everyone to download to learn.
It is indeed a very long list of accomplishments.
I pray to Srila Prabhupada and Lord Krishna to bless Prabhuji so that he can continue to enrich and enlighten people from all walks of life and spread the glories of ISKCON, the unique mission of Srila Prabhupada, all over the world.
All glories to HG Chaitanya Charan Das.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga.