I heard a great lecture by HH Bhakti Charu Swami maharaj today on Happiness. He explained that there are 4 categories of people.
1. Those who learn from listening : Like, we hear don’t put your hand in fire it will burn and we don’t do it.
2. Those who learn from others experience :like, we see someone else put his hand in fire and learn not to do it.
3. Those who learn by their own mistakes : Like, we put our hand in fire and realise that it hurts and don’t repeat it.
4. Last category is those who do not learn from their own mistakes and repeat them.
How true, I belong to this last special category. I continue to maintain material desires and still not developed any attraction for the Holy Name
- Posted by Giriraj Das on April 18, 2013 at 9.30am